GGW LEAN IN CIRCLES
Do you want to gain new skills? Expand your influence? Grow your career? Have you ever wished you had your own personal Board of Directors to help get you there? Global Gaming Women (GGW) wants to give you the support you need to Lean In. The GGW mission is to support the development and success of women in the international gaming industry through education, mentorship and networking opportunities. By creating Lean In Circles specific to the gaming industry, GGW is creating an opportunity for women within the industry to connect, learn, build relationships and grow their careers.
Lean In Circles are small groups of women who meet regularly to learn and grow together. They are focused on utilizing the power of peer support, mentoring and shared experiences. Many participants have described their Circle as their own personal Board of Directors empowering them to improve their personal and professional lives. GGW Circles will be as diverse as the gaming industry itself, but participants share a common bond: the power of peer support.
How can a Lean In Circle help me?
Circles will openly discuss topics to include, but not limited to:
- Power, influence and the art of persuasion
- Gender equality
- Work-life balance and the economics of well-being
- Personal branding
- Effective workplace communication
- Inclusive leadership
- Strategies for personal growth and confidence building and more!
The GGW goal is to connect women in similar career and life stages to help plant the seeds of true peer-to-peer mentoring relationships. GGW Circle applications are open to all women working in the gaming industry.
Core Tenets of a Successful Circle
- The circle is made up of true peers who can provide mutual support.
- The members commit to a shared vision and purpose for the Circle.
- Attendance and participation are critical.
- Trust is imperative, allowing members to truly share the most important things.
- Commitment to absolute confidentiality.
- Really listen, seek to understand and share experiences – advice is not given.
Each year, we open the application process for GGW Lean-In Circle moderators and participants. Our next application period will begin this fall during the Global Gaming Expo (G2E) trade show and conference in Las Vegas. Check back in September for additional details.
If you have any questions regarding GGW Circles or the application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org